Updated Process (as of March 31st, 2015)
First, create a Bigcommerce account and a FetchApp Account
Near the top right of the page, click "Setup & Tools"
Under "Advanced tools" click "Legacy API accounts"
Click "Create a Legacy API Account"
- Give the API account a unique username and click "Save" at the bottom of the screen
- Open up the API Account by clicking on the action gear icon and selecting "edit"
- Don't change any of the information, but keep this window open
- Click "Carts" and scroll to the BIgcommerce section
- Use the API path, API token, and Username that were generated in Bigcommerce and enter them into the corresponding fields in FetchApp.
- Click "Activate". You'll be notified of a successful integration, or if anything needs changing.
If you choose "Yes, automatically sync" in Fetchapp, then you can begin creating your digital items in FetchApp and they will automatically be pushed to Bigcommerce.
- You can also import your products into FetchApp by clicking "Product Import" on the products page
- Attach a file to a product in FetchApp and place an order in Bigcommerce to test the integration. If successful, a FetchApp order will be generated shortly after purchase and an email will be delivered with the appropriate order page and file links (please allow a couple of minutes, although it is often near instant).
- Upload and attach one or more files to all of your imported products
- Hover over "products" in the top bar and click "purge products"
- By purging products without files, you will remove any products without file attachments (indicating to us that they are not digital).
(only use as reference, refer to above section for updated process)
* Create a Bigcommerce and FetchApp account.
* Go to Users and click on the Edit link. Scroll down to the bottom and check the "Yes, allow this user to use the API" box and click Save.
* Click Edit again and copy / paste the API path and API token into your FetchApp account on the Carts Setup and API page.
* Click Activate
* If you choose "Yes, automatically sync" in Fetchapp, then you can begin creating your digital items in FetchApp and they will automatically be pushed to Bigcommerce.
===== OR ========
* If you choose "No, DO NOT automatically sync" in FetchApp, the the next step is to create your products in Bigcommerce and make sure they are set as "Physical" and give each a unique SKU. This is necessary because if you make them "digital" then Bicommerce will require that you upload the file before saving, which means that you'll be using Bigcommere's system and not FetchApp.
* Click the product import button on the products page in FetchApp.
* Upload one or more files to each product in FetchApp.
* Place an order from your Bigcommerce store to test the connection.
After you've placed an order from your Bigcommerce store it will automatically be received in your FetchApp account after a few minutes and the download email will be sent out.
Did you notice that each product in Bigcommerce must have a unique SKU? What isn't so obvious is that each product in FetchApp must have a SKU that exactly matches one of your products in Bigcommerce.