- Log into your Shopify account
- Set up the products you wish to sell with FetchApp.
- Save your changes, now let's head over to FetchApp.
- Log into your FetchApp account at [yourhandle].fetchapp.com (be sure to replace [yourhandle] with your actual FetchApp handle)
- Hover over "Carts" in the top nav, and click "Shopify"
- Under the Shopify section, click Activate on the right
- You'll be asked to sign into Shopify if you're not already.
- If successful, you'll receive a success message.
- Import your products into FetchApp by clicking into the products page, then clicking "product import".
- Add files to FetchApp by clicking "files" then "add files +" in the top right.
- Once your files are added, attach them to the FetchApp products you just created, and you're ready to sell!
- In Shopify, place an order. Make sure it is for the corresponding FetchApp product and the order payment is captured.
- In FetchApp, confirm that the integration works (your Shopify order should show up within a few seconds, but may take a bit longer).
IMPORTANT NOTE: In order to send out a product with an order, FetchApp requires at least one file to be attached to that product. If you're sending out license keys, your file can simply be a text file with instructions on how to use the license key, or an image of your company logo.
After you've placed an order from your Shopify store it will automatically be received in your FetchApp account and the download email will be sent out. Any physical products purchased are ignored by Fetch since they don't exist in your Fetch inventory.
Did you notice that each variant in Shopify must have a unique SKU? What isn't so obvious is that each product in Fetch must have a SKU that exactly matches one of your variants in Shopify.
In short, every variant in Shopify will have a matching product in Fetch. This is how Fetch knows which products to deliver when an order is placed through your Shopify store.