Many of our merchants are curious about what FetchApp is doing to comply with GDPR.
There are a lot of technicalities when it comes to GDPR, but the intent of the policy is to ensure that companies are responsible with any data that is submitted to them, and they respect their customers' privacy, and ensure the security of their data. FetchApp is committed to the protection of your data and privacy in the following ways:
- You always have control over your data in FetchApp. Our merchants can close their accounts and remove all of their data and their customers' data from our system.
- We will never distribute, share, or sell your data to anyone.
- We will never collect private or sensitive data. Any merchant credit card data goes straight to BrainTree (a PayPal subsidiary), and we do not store any financial data.
- We regularly evaluate our server and database infrastructure and application code to ensure that it meets security requirements.
- We will always report any security incidents, breaches, or risks to our merchants and customers.
- Our staff, from the development team to the support team, is well-trained on the importance of data protection compliance and we will continue to provide training and resources to our personnel.
Your security and privacy are our top priority. If you or someone you know feel that we have failed to protect your privacy or secure your data, please let our support staff know at firstname.lastname@example.org.