Yes! For this, you can use our "update buyers" feature. To allow your customers to place preorders, do the following:
- Create a new product and import it into FetchApp.
- Attach a placeholder file on the product. This could be a logo for your company or a simple text file with instructions on how the customer will retrieve the actual file when it is released.
- Take orders for the product as you normally would. Your customers will receive an order containing the placeholder.
- When the product is ready for release, go into FetchApp and attach the newly-released file to the product you've been selling.
- Click "update buyers" on the product. Once you confirm, FetchApp will re-send all orders that your customers placed for that product, and will deliver the newly-released file for their enjoyment!
Note: When you click update buyers, it starts a job queue that can sometimes take a while to complete (sometimes a few hours).